Only caregivers who pass our in-depth screening process, orientation and training are employed by Atlanta Home Care Partners, Inc. All employees are subject to workers’ compensation and W-4 taxes. Atlanta Home Care Partners is not a registry. Before completing our online application, please review all that is required during the employment process.
Applicants Must Provide:
- Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) license
- Social Security Card or passport to prove U.S. citizenship
- Driver’s License or State I.D.
- CPR certification
- First Aid certification
- Proof of current auto insurance (if providing transportation for clients)
Applicants Must Pass:
- Drug screen
- Physical examination
- Background/reference/driving record checks
- Tuberculosis test
- Interviews with management
Preferences for Hiring:
- 3+ years of caregiving experience – Caregivers must have confidence and show initiative on cases.
- Reliable vehicle to transport clients – Many of our clients do not live near public transportation.
- Ability to assist in transferring at least a 100-pound client
- Reliable phone
- Good availability/flexibility – Unreliable or narrow schedule availabilities make it difficult to place a caregiver.
Steps to Employment:
- Online Application
- Supervisor Prescreen – via telephone
- Owner Interview Based on Success in Prescreen – in person & in-depth
- Detailed Application – handwritten
- Behavior Interview – interview/testing based on scenarios
- Background Check (past 7 years) + Reference Checks – paid for by AHCP
- Motor Vehicle Records Check + Credit Check – paid for by AHCP
- Orientation – education and training in AHCP services/regulations
- Drug Test – clinically screened and paid for by AHCP
- Physicals + Medical History + Agilities/Lifting Abilities – thorough testing and review with physician and paid for by AHCP
- Bench Ranking – based on background, skills, experience, availability, behavior & goals
- Introduction & Training at Client(s) – prior to working with each individual client
Speed of Hiring Process is Dependent Upon Several Variables:
- Case Load Needs
- Caregiver Skills and Qualifications
- Caregiver Availability versus Client Timing Needs
- Case Locations