Being in touch with where to turn for the latest, most reliable info on COVID-19, especially as it pertains to older adults and those who provide care assistance for them, is extremely important – and can be puzzling. Due to so many resources and differing opinions on this unusual situation, we want to help make it much easier to locate what you need by compiling the subsequent list of trusted resources.
- COVID-19 Guidance for Seniors: The CDC’s COVID-19 Guidance for Older Adults web page features a wealth of information on both caregiver and senior safety, including assistance with establishing who is at greater risk, signs, and symptoms, tips on how to safeguard yourself, a checklist for the household, stress, and anxiety coping tips, plus much more.
- Coronavirus: What Older Adults and People with Disabilities Should Know: The Administration for Community Living (ACL) offers information on what seniors and those with disabilities should understand to reduce the risk of acquiring and spreading the virus, including signs and symptoms, state-by-state regulations, and a thorough list of federal and non-federal resources.
- AARP Answers FAQs About COVID-19: AARP maintains an ongoing bulleted list of all the latest information connected to COVID-19, plus what older adults can do to reduce their risk of contracting it and answers to several common questions.
- Caregiver Specific Resources/Articles on COVID-19 Safety: The Family Caregiver Alliance offers caregiver-specific resources and information to help family caregivers promote senior safety during COVID-19.
- Extensive FAQ List on Caregiver COVID-19 Issues: DailyCaring, an award-winning website aimed at caregivers, has created a frequently asked questions page to provide answers to many questions, including precautions to take when visiting a senior’s house, simple tips to sanitize packages, proper handwashing techniques, and much more.
- NAHC COVID-19 Tips and Information: The National Association for Home Care & Hospice advocates for the scores of seniors who receive in-home care, and also for those who provide that care. Their COVID-19 reference page offers articles, webinars, interactive tools, and much more.
For additional resources to help stop the spread of COVID-19, and for safe, reliable, home health care in Atlanta, get in touch with Atlanta Home Care Partners today. Following a stringent protocol, we can help with a variety of necessary services to ensure senior safety, which include:
- Buying groceries and running other errands, to allow seniors to remain safe at home
- Preparing wholesome meals
- Companionship to help relieve isolation and stress through conversations, movies, hobbies/interests, games, puzzles, and a lot more
- Keeping the home thoroughly clean and sanitized
- Medication reminders
- Specialized care for individuals diagnosed with dementia
- And many more