Looking at the past several months, family caregivers have had to handle seemingly insurmountable challenges in connection with the care of the seniors they love. With COVID-19’s specific dangers to the elderly and those diagnosed with underlying health issues, such as COPD, diabetes, heart disease, and others which can be common in older adults, families have struggled with just how to best protect and keep older loved ones safe.
To that particular end, some families made the very difficult decision to temporarily stop home care services to avoid having anyone outside of the family come into the home – meaning they were suddenly responsible for full-time elder care. Without a care partner, this alone is often incredibly stressful, but add to this the various other new responsibilities and concerns brought about by the pandemic, such as shifting to working virtually, taking care of kids who could no longer attend school or daycare, and so much more.
To say it’s been a stressful time is an understatement, but now, with a lot of new safety protocols in place, will it be safe to once again bring in a professional home care company in order to help with in-home care for aging parents?
Atlanta Home Care Partners has continued to deliver safe, dependable home care services for senior loved ones throughout the pandemic, in accordance with all recommended guidelines. When you are ready to look into care options, keep these guidelines in mind:
- Work with an established in-home care provider like Atlanta Home Care Partners that has a well thought-out COVID-19 plan in place – and ask for details about that plan.
- Plan to be present when the caregiver arrives the first time to relieve any concerns you may possibly have, such as ensuring that he/she is sanitizing surfaces, wearing a face covering, washing hands often, etc.
- Speak to the older adult’s doctor about any concerning health problems and to get tips for any extra safety measures that ought to be taken during caregiving visits.
The care specialists at Atlanta Home Care Partners are always here to answer any questions you have and also to share details about the steps we’re taking to safeguard the seniors within our care, such as:
- Wearing face coverings along with other personal protective equipment as appropriate
- Properly disinfecting and sanitizing any items brought into the older adults’ homes
- Making certain all care staff are healthy through wellness assessments and routine temperature checks
- Engaging in safe social distancing protocol
- And more
Call us at (404) 228-0103 any time for more information regarding the countless benefits of professional in-home care, and just how we are able to help a senior you love live life to the fullest – safely and comfortably within the familiarity of home. To learn more about our Decatur home care services or other Metro Atlanta areas that we serve, please visit our Service Area page.